After stakeholders and the pubic have had an opportunity to examine the scenarios and associated impacts and express their preferences, you can work with your stakeholder group to create a vision that reflects community values and goals. While the vision is often initially shared at a large community event, it can be celebrated and shared over time as its components are implemented.
8: Create and Share the Vision
- Identify desired themes, policy objectives, and benchmarks from alternative scenarios and public feedback to create the vision scenario.
- Create a vision scenario map and refine local vision principles and objectives that address community values.
- Create a vision scenario map (perhaps a hybrid of multiple scenarios).
- Refine local vision principles (narrative); tie to values.
- Identify vision objectives (the data that supports principles—i.e. number of affordable housing units, number of transit trips, etc.).
- Create a narrative and graphical story (PowerPoint, video, storytelling, etc.) that explains the vision for the area, including maps, pictures and evaluation indicators, and how it is consistent with values.
- Share the vision with your community.